Posted on Jul 21, 2022
The University of Iowa Energy Collaborative (UIEC) provides a variety of student employment opportunities with our utility operator, ENGIE North America. These hands-on work experiences expose students to utility systems management, leadership learning, and more. The positions are part-time and flexible to accommodate class schedules. Students play key roles in daily operations and infrastructure improvement projects.
Take this opportunity to build your resume while benefiting from ENGIE’s global expertise in power generation, distribution, and renewable energy.
Utilities Distribution Student Employee
Join our team to learn about utility distribution systems while assisting with data collection, record keeping, inventory management, and more.
- Assist with data collection, sampling, and light maintenance
- Format and compile data from field surveys, archived records, construction drawings and as-built records
- Input data into spreadsheets, database, Computerized Maintenance System (CMMS), or ArcGIS, depending on dataset and usage
- Generate maps and documents for records, studies, presentations, reports
This is a great opportunity for students in Engineering, Business, Industrial Hygiene, and Environmental Science programs.
Two opportunities are available.
Learn more about our Utilities Distribution Student Employee position and apply here.
Energy Control Center Student Employee
Join the effort to drive efficiency improvements and cost savings for the campus utility system.
- Build replicas of automation displays linked to living automation data using PI Vision software
- Design reports using PI Datalink add-in to Excel
- Perform tag-tuning in PI System
- Assist with any other data entry, cleaning, or reporting as necessary
- Configure data hierarchies, calculations, event frames, and notifications for PI System using PI System Explorer and PI Builder
- Assist with processing utility bills, maintenance, and energy reporting using EnergyCAP energy management and utility billing software
This is a great opportunity for students in Engineering or Computer Science programs or pathways.
Learn more about the Energy Control Center Student Worker position and apply here.
Worker Safety Student Employee
Join the team to provide support to the Site Safety Specialist and assist in all aspects of the ENGIE Health & Safety Program.
- Help assist with incident investigation and monthly indicator reporting
- Review safety “Good Catch” reports
- Identify potential hazards within the work environment
- Participate in leadership safety walks
This is a great training and employment opportunity for result-oriented occupational & environmental health majors within the College of Public Health who have strong communication skills, initiative, and high personal standards.
Learn more about the Worker Safety Student Worker position and apply here.